The AdamStart International Day of the Girl Child Mini Grant 2020 is now receiving applications from all interested applicants globally. A call is being made out to all girls and young women who have a creative, innovative, and problem-solving idea for the 20 days worldwide campaign. The application is open so girls and young women stand a chance to win wonderful prizes through their smart ideas.
The AdamStart International Day of Girl Child is an entrepreneurial initiative that gives all girls and young women of any demographic and from anywhere in the world to bring their creative, innovative, and brilliant ideas that will be solutions to problems. The world needs your solutions, so hurry now and apply while the chance still stands.
On 11th October every year, the International Day of the Girl, UNICEF launches a campaign held annually with girls to increase the volume of their voices and stand up for their rights. AdamStart is poised to grab the opportunity to reimagine a better world inspired by young adolescent girls, energized and recognized, counted, and invested in, in this year’s campaign under the theme “My voice, our equal future”.
As adolescent girls are accessing their power as change-makers worldwide, AdamStart’s International Day of the Girl 2020 communication will be paying attention to creating enabling environments where their demands to Live a life that is free from gender-based violence, harmful practices and also learn new skills towards the futures they choose as a generation of activists accelerating social change that is heard and championed. The ideas selected for the campaign must sit within the platform of nine of the Beijing conference for women which are:
- Elimination of all forms of discrimination against girls.
- Elimination of all negative cultural attitudes and practices carried against girls.
- Promotion and protection of girls’ rights and the increase of awareness of their needs and potential.
- Elimination of any form of discrimination against girls in education, development of skills, and training.
- Elimination of discrimination carried against girls in health and nutrition.
- Elimination of the economical exploitation of child labour and the protection of young girls at work.
- Eradication of any form of violence against girls.
- Promotion of the awareness of girls and participation in social, economic, and also political life.
- Strengthening the role of the family in the improvement of girls’ status.
All emerging winners will be receiving the following:
- £100 micro-grant per person to support your business or social impact venture.
- Six(6) months support and also mentoring.
- Winners will also be given PR & marketing support.
Interested individuals are expected to meet certain standards in order to be considered eligible for the campaign. Written below are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a female.
- The idea that applicants are submitting is expected to be new and not an already-established venture. Already established here means the idea is beyond its first year of operation.
- The applicant is expected to be the founder of the idea/project or the applicant can be a member of the founding team.
- The applicant is required to be between the ages of 18 and 25 (inclusive).
- The idea to be submitted must be innovative and should possess a clear sustainability plan.
- The applicant is required to be ambitious and highly-motivated.
- The challenge is open to all kinds of business/venture (any idea that will create an atmosphere of civil unrest will be rejected).
- The challenge expects the project/venture to be submitted to enable, support, develop, etc. the young girl child(children) in-line with the UN Girl Child Day agenda.
If you are a girl or a young woman who has a problem solving idea, then all you need to do is accept the challenge – Enter that problem solving idea now for the opportunity to win a micro support grant for your business or social impact venture. The world has need for your ideas, so apply now.
October 9, 2020.
To apply, click this link
Visit the official webpage for more information via this link