The American Association of University Women (AAUW) International fellowship 2020 is now open for application. The international fellowship is awarded for full-time study or research to women who are not U.S citizens or permanent residents in the United States.
About the AAUW International Fellowships 2020
Both graduates and postgraduates’ studies at accredited U.S institutions are supported. AAUW international fellowship has existed since 1917. It provides support for women who are pursuing postdoctoral studies in the U.S or full-time graduates who are neither U.S citizens nor permanent residents. Women who show prior commitment to the advancement of girls and women through community or professional work are preferred.
CHECK OUT: Goethe-Institut International Relief Fund 2020 for Organisations in Culture and Education (up to 25,000 Euros) | APPLY NOW
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S bachelor’s degree by the deadline of the application and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Recipients return to their home countries to be leaders in government, business, activism, academia, and the arts and science.
Masters /first professional degree: $18,000
International fellowships fund is available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, seminars or conferences so long it does not exceed 10% of the fellowship
- The program is open to all scholars who identify as women, in all fields of study.
- Applicants should have citizenship in a country other than the U. S or possession of a nonimmigrant visa If residing in the U.S, women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S citizen, U.S permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree earned in the U.S or abroad equivalent to a U. S bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2020.
- Applicants should intend to devote herself fulltime to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Applicants should have the intention of returning to their home country to pursue a professional career.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL (test of English as a foreign language) score or other acceptable verification.
- Masters/professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2020, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the international fellowship application. Applicants must provide official confirmation from the institution with acceptance materials.
- Masters/first professional degrees are intended for masters or professional degree-level programs such as M.F.A, L.L.M, J.D, M.Arch.., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree, hold a doctorate classified as a research degree, e.g(Ph.D., Ed., D., D.B.A., D.M) or an M.F.A by November 15, 2020, and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program, but they must be conducting a full year of research. International fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
How to Apply
to apply for the AAUW International Fellowships, click this link. here you would find everything you need to partake in the fellowship Program.
The deadline for the submission of online application and recommendations is November 15, 2020.
For more details about the award visit this link.
CHECK OUT: Westpac Research Fellowship 2021 for Early-Career Researcher (Australians only) | APPLY NOW