Application is now being invited for the AAUA University Librarian Staff Vacancy from all interested applicants. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) wishes to use this medium to invite applications from innovative, enthusiastic, and versatile candidates to fill in the AAUA University Librarian Staff vacancy to work with the Vice-Chancellor on the ambitious and challenging task to maintain and improve the achievements of the institution.
About the AAUA University Librarian Staff Vacancy
With the applications for the position open and currently ongoing, interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position as early as possible since there is no specified deadline date.
CHECK OUT: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Post UTME Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session | APPLY NOW
Aim and Objectives
The University aims to maintain and sustain its reputation in areas such as delivering world-class scholarship, education, research, as it endeavors to keep playing a crucial role in the development of Ondo State and the local communities, Nigeria, and humanity at large. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) continuously engages in major academic, social, and infrastructural developments which all contribute to producing graduates who are globally competitive.
Responsibilities Of The Aaua University Librarian Staff
The AAUA University Librarian is a Principal Staff and Head of the Institution’s Library who works with the Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for the administration of the University Library and coordination of services provided by the University Library.
- Candidate must have a good Honors degree with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- Possess MLS/MLIS and Ph.D. in Library Science or Library and Information Science
- Candidates must have at least fifteen (15) years of cognate experience in an academic or research library, with a minimum of three (3) of those years spent as Deputy Librarian
- Candidate must be ICT compliant
- The candidate who is suitably qualified will be appointed for a single term of five (5) years. He/She must not be more than the age of 60 years at the time of assumption of duty.
Furthermore, the candidate must have at least eighteen (18) recognized publications in reputable journals or other verifiable outlets with not more than two (2) of these publications as full-length standard and recognized books or chapters in books, which must have been published with at least five (5) of these appearing after the last promotion. Note that Six (6) of these publications must have appeared in reputable foreign outlets.
Benefits And Remuneration
The successful candidates who is appointed as the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) University Librarian will be placed on the Consolidated University Academic Staff Salary (CONUASS) and will benefit from other conditions of service that are applicable to the position of a Principal Officer of the Institution.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 25 copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials. Detailed curriculum vitae should include:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Residential Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates
- List of Scholarly Publications
- Statement of Experience (should include full details of former and present employment stating current salary)
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
Candidates must request their referees to forward their reports directly to the University with the address: The Registrar, Adekunle Ajasin University, P.M.B. 001, Akungba-Akoko. Candidates are required to address their application and supporting documents to the aforementioned address before the deadline date. Only Candidates who have been shortlisted by the University will be contacted.
Visit the official online platform via this link for more information.