This is to inform the public about the Ambrose Alli University (AAU) Ekpoma Degree Admission Requirements for the 2024/2025 Academic Session. Ambrose Alli University (AAU) Ekpoma is a great university in Nigeria and like all other universities, it has degree admission.
You are expected to meet specific requirements to become a student of his great university. The university has been around since 1981 and has produced graduates who have become great members of the society.
Ambrose Alli University (AAU) Ekpoma Degree Admission Requirements for 2024/2025 Academic Session
AAU offers a variety of degree programs, each with its own set of admission requirements. One of such requirements is that you will need to have five credits at the senior secondary school examination, which would also be in English and mathematics.
AAU EKPOMA Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Applicants must meet the university’s admission requirements to an AAU undergraduate program. Some of these requirements include having a minimum of five credits at the senior secondary school level and 180 points in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
You will also need to take the entrance examination administered by AAU. As an applicant, you must also submit a copy of their birth certificate and a letter of recommendation from their secondary school principal or head teacher. Also, note that your application will be done through the university’s online portal.
AAU EKPOMA Full-Time Undergraduate Admission Requirements
An applicant to the undergraduate programs at AAU must also meet the institution’s requirements, which also depend on whether you are an international student. Some of these requirements are as follows:
- Have a jamb score that meets or is above the required cut-off mark set by the university
- Have an SSCE result with at least five credits, including English and mathematics.
- A letter of recommendation or attestation by a guardian.
- Legal documents showing that you are a citizen of the country, such as birth certificate and local government of origin.
JAMB Admission Requirements
If you are applying for admission to AAU through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), there are things you will need to know and requirements that you will need to meet.
The university has a jamb cut-off mark, which you must meet or exceed to be considered for the institution. Ensure you have a valid Jamb registration number and a valid O’level result. Also, note that you have all the necessary documents you might request.
Direct-Entry Admission Requirements
If you’re applying for direct-entry admission to AAU, there are a few additional requirements you’ll need to meet. These include:
- Having a minimum of a lower credit in a National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) with a copy of your ND or HND certificate.
- All your documents must be submitted through the direct-entry portal.
- Make sure to undergo biometric verification at an accredited JAMB office.
- Pay the fees required for the application and meet any specific program requirements to which they are applying.
Inter-University Transfer Degree Admission Requirements
If you’re applying for transfer admission to AAU from another university, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a letter of recommendation from your previous university.
- Copy of your transcript from your previous university.
- Documents must be translated into English and certified by a notary public.
- The Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs must legalize all your documents.
AAU EKPOMA Part-Time Degree Admission Requirements
For admission to a part-time degree program at AAU, the requirements depend on the degree you are applying for, but here are some will need to meet the following criteria:
- Sponsorship from your employer.
- Carry out your application through the university’s website online.
- Make sure you either have your direct entry or jamb score available.
- Also, pay for the application form and visit the school on the scheduled screening date.
AAU EKPOMA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
When applying for postgraduate programs at AAU, the requirements are slightly different from the other programs at the university. You need to meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of a second-class lower bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and a letter of recommendation from a previous academic supervisor.
- Get the application form from the school portal and submit it.
- Write and pass the entrance examination conducted by the university.
AAU EKPOMA Full-Time Postgraduate Admission Requirements
For full-time postgraduate programs, the requirements are the same as for all postgraduate programs, with the following exceptions:
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience is required.
- A letter of sponsorship from your employer is required.
- All applicants must attend a mandatory interview conducted by the university.
- Must have a valid means of identification.
- Have a valid national ID card or international passport.
Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate
Postgraduate programs are designed for those who have already completed their undergraduate studies and want to further their education. Also, these programs are typically more specialized than undergraduates and can be full-time or part-time.
AAU offers postgraduate programs in various fields, including engineering, science, humanities, and more.
Master’s Degree Programme
Master’s degree programs are advanced postgraduate programs typically take two to three years to complete. Also, these programs are designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of a specific field and prepare them for research, academia, or industry careers.
AAU offers a variety of master’s degree programs in various fields, and they can be either course-based or research-based.
Doctoral Degree (PhD) Programme
AAU offers PhD programs in various fields. PhD programs in AAU are the highest level of postgraduate study, typically taking three to four years to complete. Also, the programs are designed for individuals who want to become experts in a specific field and pursue careers in academia or research.
AAU EKPOMA Part-Time Postgraduate Degree Admission Requirements
If you want to apply for a part-time postgraduate degree program at AAU, these are the requirements that you may need to meet.
- Be employed full-time and have your employer’s permission to pursue a part-time degree.
- Have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- You must have a letter of recommendation from a previous employer or supervisor.
The admission requirements for AAU vary depending on the program you are applying for and whether you are also applying through JAMB, direct-entry, or part-time. Also, You need to review your chosen program’s specific requirements before applying.
Also, it is important to note that some of these requirements might change, and other things might be added. So, carry out enough research about the program you want to apply for and ensure you have all that the institution might request.
Also, Check Out;